Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Wow! It takes few minutes to create a blog




IT’S Tuesday, 12 Feb 2013, another day of Internet training.   Today I have learned a lot including how to make a blog, posting/publishing materials on it, and even editing.


In fact, before this training I have been possessing one but it was made for me by someone else. But from now on I may create another for me or someone else and even teaching him/her on how blogs are being created. Interesting thing is that it only takes few minutes to create one.

From the training I have also managed to see statistics that indicate different usage of internetin the world, down to Africa.

As a journalist in print media, I have also learned how the use of internet as a new media is posing a threat to the survival of newspapers if they fail to cope with the situation. I have noticed that media now, apart from having their own websites and update them frequently, they have to writing more features, stories full/heavy of background  and, entertainment and sports.     

I have also noticed how I can one day open a free radio station through internet as my colleague Tanzanian who lives in Detroit, America, M M Mwanakijiji is doing. 

Finally, I have also see setbacks of using internet such as digital divide and cultural imperialism.







No comments:

Post a Comment